A business without a VAT establishment in the UK is called a Non-Established Taxable Person (NETP). If a NETP makes taxable supplies in the UK, it must register for VAT from its first sale. There is no VAT registration threshold.
There are many circumstances that can lead to a NETP having to register for VAT in the UK. These include using a UK distribution centre, working on construction projects in the UK, supplying and installing goods in the UK or attending seasonal markets and selling goods to customers.
Services we offer for VAT registration for non-UK businesses include:
- Advice on UK VAT registration obligations such as reviewing contracts or proposed business models
- Registration with the UK tax authorities as a NETP
- Acting as the business’s VAT agent in the UK
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Preparing and submitting EC Sales Lists and Intrastat declarations
Our team will guide you through the process to ensure compliance for your business.