Non-UK businesses should take VAT advice about construction projects in the UK as early as possible – ideally before the project starts. UK VAT for construction and land-related services can be complex and it is important to ensure that applications for a UK VAT ID are made in good time. 

Most businesses undertaking construction activities in the UK should also register for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS). You can find out more about this here.

Getting your VAT wrong can be expensive and can lead to difficulties between a business and its customers. HMRC is entitled to charge interest and penalties if a business does not correctly apply UK VAT law. 

We’ve helped businesses get it right from the start of projects including the construction of solar parks, biogas stations, recycling plants, commercial properties and related services. 

We also work with businesses to manage their position with HMRC if they have not registered for VAT at the correct time or if there are queries regarding the VAT status of the business in the UK. 

Looking for something else?

Head back to VAT or see all the services we offer.

Want to find out more?

Speak to our team and find out how we can get you up and running for your next venture in the UK.

Contact Us
Design & Built by The Dairy Creative Agency
The Diary Creative Agency